Thursday 28 July 2011

Dark Romance


Alright.. So, finally my first blog!! (I almost feel like a virgin doing this, I mean.. I’m really excited about it! ;) )
I’ve been planning to start my blog since a long time now but you know how busy one gets at this point in career, nevertheless I am going to make sincere efforts to be regular (How?? I don’t know..)
So, I was initially thinking to start my blog with talking about my life, how I started off and what fashion photography as an industry is, etc. etc. (read blah blah).. which then I thought will be useless for my readers (anyhow I’ll write that when I have nothing better to talk about). So, I decided to talk about things which are fresh in my mind and give a better insight as to what I am up to these days.. Well, it happens to be the most recent editorial that I did “Dark Romance” (Read on..)
The shoot for India’s one of the sect contemporary Arts magazine ‘Platform’ was a very special one for me. I got a chance to work with the same people with whom I started out, and this was like going back home.
Shruti Kapur, the editor at Platform, gives complete freedom to an artist to do whatever they want to do and because of this receptive attitude, it is always easy to communicate the idea to her without getting into much intricacies.

For the Dark Romance, I proposed her that I want to play with the moods of various dance forms with a real dancer and a model to balance the fashion element as well. This concept was completely different and because of its unparalleled nature, Shruti showed no acquiescence and gave me her nod to go ahead right away! So, we started searching for a location which best suited the theme. Firstly my assistant did a recce of the place and showed me.
I did my research on the lighting part and put my thoughts to get the right mood.
I wanted to keep the right balance of art and fashion.
And I am grateful to my entire team members that I was able to achieve what I desired.
After a thorough research on Internet and other sources, We found this small cute theater called ‘Akshara Theater’. Located at the heart of the capital, Connaught Place, which was a perfect location to shape my idea into reality. Now to begin with the shoot, I needed few important persons, a make-up artist, models, a dancer and a stylist. They all were the sustainers of this shoot.
I managed to get a dexterous make-up artist from Mumbai, who is here in India for few months from South Africa. Me and Bianca (the model selected for the shoot and a quick responder to the stuff I tell her) have already worked on several projects before and I find her own perception towards beauty and fashion superb. The stylist, Aaditya, is a cool dude and keeps the ambience fresh and lively. He adroitly handles his department, and as usual, this time also, he sourced magnificent ideas.
Here’s a small video that my team had put together during the shoot, you’ll get a peak into how the ideas were brought to life!


Leave your valuable comments..

No comments:

Post a Comment